When you are planning an event, what should take the highest priority should be the catering and that shouldn’t be any different when the occasion is a corporate one.
When catering for corporate events, there are certain things you should know and some things you should avoid doing so as not to make unnecessary mistakes.
So today, we are going to be going through the dos and don’ts when catering for corporate events so that you would be able to get the best out of those events. So here are some of them;
Things To Do While Catering For A Corporate Event
Here are some of the things you should do when catering for corporate events;
- Get the numbers right; when catering for a formal occasion you should try and get the precise number of people coming for the event and it being an official event would make access to the number of people coming to a known Figure. This is to avoid preparing little or too much and having to get rid of excess food.
- Plan your budget; this should be done right after you have gotten information on the number of people coming because it would make it easy for you to make a budget. Remember the success of an event depends on how good your planning and budgeting skills are.
- Start making plans early; when catering for a corporate event, try your best to avoid last minute rushes because they could lead to an occasion with unfavourable outcomes. Try sticking to a timetable to get best out of yourself and the occasion.
- Take dietary restrictions very seriously: in the modern day occasions, there are no dietary restrictions because of the number of people with food allergies. This should be taken seriously because allergies could be fatal and this could lead to a disastrous occasion.
So, since you are catering for corporate events, endeavour to get information about the certain allergies the attendants have and create your menu with that information, or you could label your dishes so the guest would know what to avoid.
Things To Avoid When Catering For A Corporate Event
If you are looking to avoid mishaps, these are things you must avoid when catering for corporate events;
- Don’t become stressed; you should know catering is a very important aspect of any event, especially official ones. Just remember that your caterer is a professional and give him/her the freedom to work so as not to overcomplicate things.
- Don’t undermine suggestions from your caterer; As I said earlier your caterer is a professional and should be given the freedom to work and part of his job is to suggest things that would make his/her said Job easier.
People usually undermine the caterer’s opinion in order to save money and that’s the wrong way to go about it. Even if it would cost you more money than desired you have to understand that your purveyor is not a novice when it comes to catering for corporate events.
- Don’t overcomplicate the menu; Always try to make your menu as simple as possible. Catering for corporate events might be complicated but your menu shouldn’t. It should be simple, easy to understand and interesting as well.
Understanding the dos and Don’ts, especially when catering for corporate events, would make your work so much easier and make your planned occasion a big success.